- Edge to edge/ overall/pantograph – one continuous line pattern that is followed throughout the whole quilt from side to side. Price is $2.75/sq ft.
- Edge to edge with 1 border – one continuous line pattern that is followed throughout inside of quilt, and the border would be different. Price is $3.75 sq/ft.
- Custom quilting/Heirloom quilting – various unique designs to enhance the quilt with the use of stencils, freehand, echoing appliqué, meandering, feathering, stitch in the ditch, etc. Price range starts from $5.00sq ft and up.
How to figure out the cost of machine quilting by sq ft: Length x Width = ___ , Divide by 144 =___, Multiply this by price per sq ft = ___
(example: 56 x 72= 4032. 4032 ÷144 = 28 . 28 x $2.75 = $77.00 cost.)
OTHER ADDITIONAL COSTS:
- Minimum fee of $50.00
- Additional thread color is $5.00
- Specialty or variegated thread is $10.00
- Reloading charge $10.00
- Re-pressing charge $10.00
- Squaring up back fabric $10.00
- Cleaning up threads, etc. $10.00
- Repairing $10.00
- Batting – Hobbs 80/20 - $10.00/m
- Batting – Hobbs Polydown - $8.00/m
- Basting (service for hand quilters) is $1.00 sq ft. (calculate the same at machine quilting, but multiply by basting price)
- Binding services; machine sewn on one side only is $0.30 cents a linear inch. And both sides-one side machine sewn and the other hand sewn is$0.60 cents a linear inch.
( eg: perimeter is 36+36+34+34 = 140, multiple by 0.30 = $42.00
Cost of machine quilting...